Iloilo City Mayor Jerry Trenas signed the Executive order no. 55 March 19, 2020, placing Iloilo City under enhanced community quarantine.
According to the Facebook page of Mayor Jerry Trenas, he explained the restrictions implemented during the enhanced community quarantine.
ENHANCED COMMUNITY QUARANTINE
Transportation will be suspended, provision of food and essential health services shall be regulated and heightened presence of uniformed personnel to enforce quarantine procedures will be implemented
Here’s what you need to know during the enhanced community quarantined:
- Social Distancing must be observed at all times.
- All public and private offices and commercial establishments and stores will be closed, except for the following:
- Public Markets
- Sari-sari stores, supermarket, groceries
- Convenience stores
- Hospitals, medical clinics, medical facilities
- Diagnostics centers, laboratories
- Pharmacies and drugstores
- Water refilling stations
- Laundry shops
- Manufacturing and processing plants or commissaries of basic food products and medicine
- Banks and pawnshops
- Money transfer services, payment, and remittance centers
- Public utilities (power, energy, water, and telecommunications)
- Transportation ( bus, taxi, and PUVs)
- Hardware stores
- Gasoline stations
- Burial and crematory; public viewing and wakes are prohibited.
- Food preparation, take out and delivery services of restaurants, fast-food chains, and other eating establishments. Dine-in is strictly prohibited.
- BPOs and KPOs
- Media outlets
- Automobile repair shops
- Automobile parts and supply store
- Industrial supplies and services
- Shipping companies, cargo handling
- Agricultural supply stores
- Other processing plants including ice, grains, flour, wheat, fish and other food or food-related products.
- Other establishments that may be allowed by the Iloilo City Government.
- Operating hours are also limited to 7:00 PM or 8:00 PM only
- A curfew will be imposed from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM until April 14, 2020, at 11:59 PM.
- Liquor ban is also implemented during the quarantine period. Any selling, dispensing and transporting of liquor or alcoholic drinks will be prohibited.
- PUVs and Jeepneys are allowed to operate until further notice from LTFRB but must observe strict social distancing.
This EO is to further strengthen the social distancing inside Iloilo City and to help stop the chain of transmission within Iloilo City. This is for the good of our city and the welfare of its people. Let us cooperate and be one as we fight COVID-19. I know together we can win against this virus. Keep safe my beloved Ilonggos, Mayor Trenas
Sources: Jerry Trenas Facebook Page